Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Another "Bad" But Not Really????

I almost hesitate to even write this post. Why? Because it's, for whatever reason, embarrassing. I pride myself in excellent oral hygiene. With that said, when I was young I had a lot of teeth issues. My poor mother! Oh what she went through with me. Now, like I've said before, I love my dentist, but he knows he's not my favorite person to see :) Remember a few weeks ago when I had my root canal, well that same tooth was still giving me grief. Last week I bit down on a peanut and BAM the pain was immense. I was shocked because I didn't plan on having anymore pain in that tooth.

Finally, I couldn't take the pain anymore. I went in to see him today. I had cracked the tooth in 2 places. While the roots are dead, the nerves are not. I still can feel pain. It was so bad that the tooth was crumbling in a few places. Anyway, I had to have it pulled today. To me, that's so embarrassing. I'm not sure why, but it is. No one will know. It's the very back tooth.

I asked about taking my insulin. He thought I was crazy. He thought I still wore a pump. Anyway, I showed him how it worked, etc. He was a little concerned because of dry sockets. I get that, but I have to eat LOL He asked if I could inhale it and suck in air on the sides. I tried it; it worked. I said, the last time I chatted about dental work, that having wisdom teeth removed or something similar would be hard. It is more challenging to do it that way, but it works. I was success at it this evening. It's one of those things where you can't really change it. You have to have dental work; you have to have insulin. So, today I'm making the best of it!

Afrezza is still the best insulin on the market; it's still the easiest to use. As all diabetics know, are life consists of always having to figure things out-where should I put my insulin, is the temp for it right, did I bring enough with me, do I have snacks in case my sugar drops, what if I want to leave my purse in the car, do I have a place to hold the insulin on me, did I remember my glucometer, did I bring enough test strips? This is every time we leave the house (ok guys, not the purse part LOL), but you get my point. So this is just one more hurdle that we shall all survive.

As promised, the good/bad/ugly of Afrezza will be shared. Still the best even with the bad and ugly.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your teeth problems as of late! Sounds annoying. Your dentist sounds like an amazing person though. You are pretty spot on with the routine we all have to go through before leaving the house as a diabetic! Lord help me if I forget anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I am sure that the experience of that tooth extraction was a miserable one but I am glad that you shared your story as it helps with all of us that may end up going through the same thing someday. Hopefully we end up with a dentist as helpful as you and can approach it with a positive attitude,

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi its very nice and good article keep it up how are you i am said about all people's when you are in badly tooth pain then not near to hospital and no medicine at home then try home remedies tips
    Best Home Remedies tips for Resolve Tooth Pain

    ReplyDelete