Saturday, February 4, 2017

Another Test Of Afrezza-It Passed!

I kept hearing that Afrezza was in and out in 2 hours. Well, today I tested my level, and it was 204. I knew it'd be a little high because for supper I had eaten a few things I wasn't quite sure about whether to take 4 or 8 units. ANYWAY.......about 1600hrs I thought it was high and it was-204. I decided even though we weren't eating dinner until 1700hrs, my level was high and I needed to get it lowered.

I inhaled 4 units. Dinner time rolled around and I almost without thinking grabbed my stuff. Then I remembered it hadn't been 2 hours, so a test was in order! I wanted to see if I took it, would it still effectively cover my dinner meal after being in my system for an hour. I didn't inhale any more insulin....I waited....boy was it a long two hour wait after my dinner was done.

I am happy to report not only did it lower the 204, it also kept it low from dinner. I wouldn't recommend inhaling insulin and then waiting 2 hours, because that would lower your levels too much, which is never good. In this case, though, I am thrilled with the results. It lowered my supper mistake that made my level 204 plus covered my dinner.

I'll admit that I was a little concerned that it wouldn't fully cover it. Wowzer, lovin' this stuff. Yes there are cons to it. There are cons to everything except salvation! So the cons are a lot less and are definitely outweighed by the pros. What an exciting night for this gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment