Saturday, March 11, 2017

2u Please.....And new A1C

WOW it's been a long time since I've posted. I didn't realize that. Life got in the way as we're gearing up for a statewide homeschool convention, and I'm helping. Anyway, BRITTLE DIABETICS......do you find that you need 2 units instead of 4? Sometimes I do. I've very sensitive to Afrezza and sometimes 4 units just drops me too low. I wish there was a scale that says if your level is 250 take 4 units or something like that. Some days I need 8, some 4 and some 2. MannKind says it takes a while and is in the works. Well, what's a girl to do until then?? I know. The same thing ALL diabetics do-SUFFER.

I also got back my 3 month lab results since being on Afrezza. It only dropped 0.7, and I was super discouraged. Then I realized WAIT it's dropped a total of 1.7 since all this began. So now it's 7.0. That's huge. I also heard from other users that it can take several months for the true results to show. I believe this simply because I know my numbers and know I've done great. YES, there have been highs and lows, but the reality is it's been good. So much better than when I was on a pump.

I feel better. I exercise more. I do more things with my family. This stuff is still the best even while waiting on 2u. It was really great last week when my oldest daughter came over to get a china hutch I was giving her. It was pouring rain. She immediately said, "No Mom, I'll do this. You can't get wet." I reminded her that I no longer wore a pump. It was a moment when we all realized how programmed we were and how prohibiting that pump really was. Let's face it, no one wants to get wet in the pouring rain, but it's nice to know if I do my health will still be ok!!

No comments:

Post a Comment