Thursday, March 16, 2017

Saw The Endo This Morning

I'm THRILLED. I've been going back and forth about my "happy" level of my A1C being 7. I'm no longer going back and forth. I'm THRILLED. I found out this morning my A1C is the lowest it's been since 2013. How crazy is that? How'd I do it? H-E-L-L-O......AFREZZA and TRESIBA.

He also talked to me about getting a Dexcom. I'm glad, but I'm not overly thrilled because it's something that has to go in my stomach. I was having horrible issues with my dumped pump, so now I'm fretting a little. God will work it out. After all, Philippians 4:6 KJV says, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Has anyone else heard about Islet Transplanting??? Well it's a new one on me. I asked Dr A about it, and he does not recommend it. I was hoping it'd be another way to help out diabetics. He said it's both good/bad. Good-gets us off insulin Bad-Only works 3-4 years AND you're on a lot of anti rejection medication. 

I will not do that even if it was "forever" that I'd be off insulin. My mother had a double lung transplant and was on them. She couldn't go out in the winter, be around anyone who was sick, etc. It was terrible. Though my mother in law also had a kidney transplant and is on them and doing fabulously. So, I've seen both sides and transplants aren't for me. 

So, at this point, I'm thrilled with results, thrilled with endo appt and thrilled that I have a Savior who shows me daily mercy and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment