Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Faith & Afrezza

Many question, since I'm a Christian, why I'm not healed if the God I serve is truly a healer. Let's stop a minute and put it into perspective. Shall we? God didn't say He would heal INSTANTLY like we want. We are a world of NOW. We want 'fast' food, instant text responses, answers immediately. If someone doesn't respond to a text or email within seconds, we think the worst. We think they're mad; they're ignoring us; they don't want to answer, etc and we become angry. Have you ever just stopped and thought that maybe, just maybe, they were actually busy and their lives didn't revolve around answering YOU?


Well we treat God that way. "OH NO. He didn't do what I prayed for immediately. Well, it must not be His will. He doesn't want me to have that blessing. Well, he must not be a true healer." RIDICULOUS. Stop it. My faith doesn't depend upon what God does for me. He owes me nothing including healing. Though it's promised, and He won't go back on His Word. Whether I'm healed here or in Heaven, I'll be healed. T1D does not define me; my faith does.

T1D is what I endure. I've realized it has allowed me to witness to others about how God has blessed my health through this. I'm sure all of you know someone who has had complications due to diabetes. I've had to endure this for 23 years now, and I do not have one single side effect or complication from it. NOT ONE. Now that's God.

God gives us wisdom to use. We need to spread the word about how great Afrezza is, because it can help many people. Now here's a challenge, spread the word about Afrezza while spreading the Word of God and how great and mighty He is. Yes, I'm believing one day soon God will take this away from me-absolutely. But I will not become discouraged by it-NEVER. We must consistently put the Word of God in our hearts so when difficulties, such as diabetes, arise, our faith will be ready.

We need to stop being a generation of NOW, and we need to start being a generation of Your Will Lord. My faith isn't wavered. My health is sound. My faith is like a seed being planted in dirt and refreshed by the Lord's spirit-the water I need to drink that will enable the planted seed to grow and sprout. So, to answer my first rhetorical statement-I'm HEALED one way or another whether here on earth or in Heaven. I'm just waiting for the Lord to allow me to tell the world.

If God healed me this instant, I would be able to share it with all my dynamic church family, my friends, my earthly family, but I would not be able to share it with others enduring diabetes. I wouldn't have a need to go see Dr Asamoah again and talk to him about my faith (yes, he listens and we have great conversations). I wouldn't be able to share Afrezza AND the Good News with others. I wouldn't be able to share my testimony of how healthy I am-no high blood pressure, nothing wrong with my eyes, no neuropathy of any kind, NOTHING. ZIP. ZILCH. See, the world wouldn't care about my testimony. They would shut me down. So, I'm not discouraged. I'm encouraged. I'm encouraged that God knows I will fight the good fight and grow not weary as the Word says. All the while, I'll share how great Afrezza is and how it helps me and continue to share how good God is and YES He's the one true and only healer!

So, let's make sure we pray daily for Mike Castagna. He has a lot on shoulders. Pray for the rest of MannKind. After all, we want Afrezza to continue, right?
















No comments:

Post a Comment