Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Vacation and Time Change....Tresiba.....

Well, it's been over a week since my last post simply because my husband took me to Hawaii for our 25th wedding anniversary! How fabulous was that? I was ready-except-UGH-I never thought about the 6 hour time difference, which meant I didn't know how to calculate the difference with the Tresiba. Now, normally I wouldn't be concerned because I take it at the same time each day.

However, I remembered my Endo saying I needed to take it at the same time each day and be careful because it could affect my Afrezza. Well, I was concerned. I decided to "wing it." Pretty stupid of me; I know. The first day we arrived really made me stop and think. IN was 6 hours ahead of Oahu, so some calculating had to be done.

I decided 6 hours wasn't going to be enough time to worry about and to just take it the next morning like I would if I was in IN. It worked. Then when I got home.......fast forward 6 hours. I still kept the same schedule. It really worked. I'm thrilled to know that I can travel a few thousand miles and this evil disease will not be affected. WOOHOO

I did so much walking there that, honestly, I didn't have to take very much Afrezza. I actually had a few spells where my levels were LOW. As worried as I was about traveling before on my first trip to Maryland, I have ZERO worries now about traveling anywhere.

The dynamic duo proves to be excellent once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment