Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Day 4

What a day. Today is the first day of ups and downs. The morning started like every other one except my fasting was a little high. It was 176. Still within my normal range though, so I felt safe. I took my meds and went on with my morning. Lunch time rolled around and it was 190. After lunch, it was 208. By the time 3pm came along, it was 255. I take blame. Again, I'm learning how much to take.

I ate literally 2 tablespoons of mac and cheese with my salad for lunch. 2 tablespoons!!!!!!!! I could not believe it raised my levels that much. I can't blame anyone or any thing but me. Finally, I thought I was in the clear when it was finally dinner time. I had a great dinner with my sister. My sugar level was 138.

YES finally, I'm getting back to normal. Boy was I wrong. 2 hours later, it's 61. SERIOUSLY. I ate a burger and steamed broccoli. I even took the bun off the burger and took 3 small bites of it to ensure I had a few carbs since I did take the Afrezza. UGH. What a day. Now it's 8:30 at night, my level is 121.

One thing I've found out. If you're eating anything other than a bite or two of carbs you'll need more, IMHO (I'm NOT a doctor and I'm not giving medical advice, just my opinion), than 4 units. 4 units doesn't cover very much but if you're eating healthy anyway like you should be as a diabetic, you'll be fine! I really wish Afrezza came in 2 units. I've even called the company and asked when 2 units would be coming out. Currently there are no plans. :(

Hopefully everything will be back to normal in the morning. One thing is for sure. I won't be eating any more mac and cheese. Yes, I could take more insulin and eat it. But it's not healthy, so why bother?!

Day 4 down......

No comments:

Post a Comment