Friday, January 20, 2017

Endo Appt For My Little Nephew

Well, today I had the honor of taking my great nephew to his endocrinology appointment-not diabetes related. Anyway, it was the first time that I'd met the dr. Very kind gentleman who, I found out, is very good friends with my endo-Ernest Asamaoh. As we were finished, I asked him if he'd ever prescribed Afrezza to his patients (he's a peds endo). INSTANTLY, he said NO WAY-NEVER. I was a little shocked.

I asked why and explained I was on it and loved it. He stated his patients were too young and it causes pulmonary disease in young ones. I must have had a puzzled looked on my face as he reminded me he treated children. I then reminded him he also treated 18 and 19 year olds, which are not children. I was a little taken back by his abruptness and inability to separate the fact he treats infants to adults (though in peds).

He quickly changed the subject and asked about my long acting.  I said Tresiba. He RAVED about it and went on and on. OK so DRS PLEASE REALIZE AFREZZA IS FINE FOR ADULTS....ADULTS....THIS MEANS 18 AND OVER. Many 16 year olds are on it. He was not willing to be educated as he felt with his medical degree he knew about it than me. That's fine. I wasn't offended. A lot of drs are that way.

It's just sad to know those older ones are missing out on a better life. He said he suggests, to those not on shots, that they use the pump. STOP. STOP RIGHT THERE. Do not recommend the pump to anyone. I can't wait for the day when all drs (because not everyone is treated by an endo) realizes this is a great product. I literally tell everyone about it. Waitresses/Waiters, the guy at Toyota who services my car, it doesn't matter to me. I tell everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment