Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Figuring This Out Isn't Always Fun

If you have diabetes, you know, regardless of how you did in math class, you must be good at math. Here's the deal. I love Afrezza but sometimes it's hard to judge when to inhale and when not to inhale. Last night's supper was fried chicken (used crushed melba toast and healthy oils for frying), then we had corn. Any other time I wouldn't think twice about inhaling 4 units. Last night, I tested before I ate. It was 145. AWESOME. I inhaled 4 units.

Two hours later I wasn't feeling the best, and it was time to test again. 54....54....do you see what I see? 54 was my level! WHAT? A few weeks ago I had the same meal and inhaled 4 units, beginning level was around the same, and it worked great. What made tonight different? This is so frustrating.

I've seen people create their own chart for carbs and units, but why doesn't Afrezza have anything like that? I know it's supposed to make our lives easier, and, for the most part, it does. I love this insulin. Best on the market, but sometimes I just can't figure it out at all. Sometimes I just want a chart that says HEY HERE'S HOW MUCH TO TAKE. Do you ever feel that way?

The longer I take it, the more I like but the more the "small" things are getting on my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment