Thursday, January 19, 2017

Found A Con

OK I say I found a "con," but I don't know.....anyway, I had a root canal. It's NOT easy inhaling Afrezza when your mouth is sore. That got me to thinking......what happens then if you have your wisdom teeth pulled? You're not supposed to use a straw after having that done (my husband, all 4 of my children and myself have all had ours pulled). How would you inhale your insulin then-OUCH?

I'm fine and could do it, though it definitely hurt, but there are a lot of scary variables that I had never thought of before. It's not stopping me from using it. It's still the best insulin on the market!

What would you do if something happened to your mouth? With a pump, it was similar. I literally ran out of places where I could put the site because of all the scar tissue. It was terrible. When you take shots you have tons of places to inject, but it's the same thing-scar tissue. Do people really understand just how terrible having diabetes is, and just how it affects everything in your life?

Well, like I said, I'm not sure that a root canal was a con, but wisdom teeth being pulled very well could be :(

No comments:

Post a Comment