Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Found a downside

So, you know I love Afrezza. Well yesterday I picked up my month's supplies. They come in a box of 4 units and 8 units. I rarely have used the 8 units and prefer to keep it that way. 8 units allow me to eat too freely. Tonight was a crazy night, so I ordered pizza. This meant I needed 8 units. Since I opened the entire package and opened the small pack, I have to use it within 3 days. That won't happen. So, I will have to throw away the other 2 8 units of the Afrezza that I paid for. I realize most people use the 8 units for at least 1 meal a day, so that little 3 pack would be used. I am not like most. Such a bummer. I use more 4's. Big draw back and downside. Not life altering, but waste of money for sure.

Plus side (sort of)-I can safely eat a piece of pizza and after eating it my level was 81! WOOHOO. That never happened on the pump.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that Afrezza lasts much longer then 3 days. Check out this from Matt https://vimeo.com/153597580. Another user on twitter claims he left a cartridge in his car over a few months in the summer in AZ and used it without any noticeable difference. I wouldn't advise these extreme tests, but I do think you can safely use it well after 3 days in room temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Yes, I agree. I wouldn't go to those extremes, but it's nice to know it'd still work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete