Saturday, November 19, 2016

Still Going Strong

Well so far everything is still going great. I was away again this weekend with my daughter, and I always become concerned when we are out of town. I fret about what to eat. Unfortunately, a diabetics life seems to always worry about levels and food. I've found that I'm still determined to find foods that I only have to take 4 units of Afrezza with.

We ate at Steak 'N Shake. My daughter was recently diagnosed as a diabetic, and she was really wanting a shake. I am a mean mom and said NO WAY. She chose water! We each ate a double cheeseburger with all the trimmings and fries. We took the buns off the burgers. I had about 10 fries. Success. Only 4 units!

I am still concerned about Thanksgiving and Christmas though. Oh how I love food. I eat to live not live to eat.....except during the holidays. But isn't that like all of us? I know I won't be having any desserts and will be enjoying turkey, turnip potatoes (great substitute for mashed potatoes), green beans (not the casserole) and a few other things. No bread and no desserts. Eating unhealthy foods is sinful for me. Like sin, it only lasts for a season but the consequences affect your entire life.

Thanks for all the recipe ideas, keep them coming!!

Thankful I've dumped the pump!

No comments:

Post a Comment