Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Afrezza Anywhere...even movies

When you go to the movies, you're warned to silence your cell phones. Well.........they didn't warn me to silence my inhalations! I was eating popcorn (such a treat for me) and took 4u of Afrezza. It was quiet in the theater. Have you ever seen It's A Wonderful Life? Well, I didn't until today. Anyway, I digress.

So, silence. I take out the meds....INHALE....silence-NO MORE LOL I think all 8 people in the theater looked at me. I simply laughed. I had never noticed how "loud" it was (or was it?). Reality is it's not that loud, but when you're in a theater it is. It was easy to *sneak* in my purse, load it and inhale.

I was surprised. Now, think about it. If you're a woman, you have to unzip your purse, in my case, unzip my container that it's held in, then find which is 4u and which is 8u, then load it, close it and inhale. It sounds like a lot, but really it was easy. I continued to watch the movie through it all.

I'm shouting out big old thanks again to MannKind for making this product so easy and readily available. Diabetics do not have a single day where we don't poke and prod ourselves with needles even when using Afrezza there are other needles-testing our blood sugar levels and injecting with long acting.

So while it seems as though the loudness that caused others to look at me, it was quieter than their cell phones going off. It was equal to them munching on their popcorn and slurping on their slushies.

Another plus for MannKind!

2 comments: