Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Not Really Afrezza....

I've tried on and off to get my husband to attend a yoga class with me. He refused. Well, after he heard that a guy he works with goes, he decided it must be ok. Tonight we went. I loved it. I think he did too.

Not knowing how strenuous yoga would be, I'll admit fear set in a little. We did the yoga nidra which is a restorative, guided sleep yoga. Oh my-lanta, I think I can now sleep for a week. I'm so well rested. This is something that we'll be doing again. That little bit of fear I had at the beginning worrying about my levels, quickly left me. Because I'm on the dynamic duo (Tresiba/Afrezza), there was no need to worry about low/high levels.

I would have committed to a weekly yoga class while on the pump. My levels were simply too unstable. Now, I plan on attending weekly. When your diabetes is under control, you can easily live an active life.

OH and as much as I love Afrezza, I love finding meals that I don't have to take any insulin with at all. It happened again tonight. We had turkey kielbasa, tomato/bluecheese/basil salad (last night thank goodness, w've been eating it for 2 days and I'm tired of it!), green beans, and mixed veggies (yuck, but they make hubby happy). Happy, happy time for me!

All you diabetics out there, get in a yoga class AFTER you get on the dynamic duo. I'm 46 and have never felt this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment