Monday, December 5, 2016

Showin' Tresiba Some Love

I LOVE Afrezza; that's no secret. Today I realized WAIT, I love Tresiba too. I walked over 14K steps the last two days and didn't need my Afrezza. It dawned on me that the Tresiba I take each morning is working far better than Novolog in my pump ever worked. Tresiba keeps my levels the same; Afrezza works for the food. Ahhhhhhhhhhh moment.

My levels were a little on the low side this morning, so when I ate breakfast I didn't take any Afrezza. I only took my normal 10U of Tresiba. It's now noon and my levels are still perfect. The two insulins together are the most amazing combination I've ever seen for Diabetics.

Non Tresiba/Afrezza Diabetics have their diabetes on their minds 100% of the time.

1. What is my level as soon as I wake up?
2. What should I eat for breakfast? I have a long morning, so I can't eat anything too high in carbs, too low in carbs, etc.
3. Did I take enough insulin?
4. Did I take too much insulin?
5. WAIT, it's 10am, what about a snack? Did I pack one?
6. Lunch time, oh great, my levels are high. I wasn't expecting this and I packed a sandwich and chips.
7. 2pm, I feel weird. No wonder, my level is 56. WHERE ARE THE CRACKERS?
8. Finally, I get to head home. I better test my sugar before getting into rush hour.

This is a light "worry" day for a diabetic.

Tresiba/Afrezza users

1. Woohoo can't wait to see my morning level. YES, it's 80.
2. Ahhhh breakfast, Oh oatmeal sounds so yummy today.
3. WOW you mean it's already 2pm. How'd I miss lunch? Better check my sugar. No wonder I feel so good; it's 124.
4. Heading home in rush hour, let me grab a tea.
5. Bedtime! I can't believe how my levels have stayed under 130 all day.

See the difference? Even Tresiba/Afrezza users have their diabetes on their mind, but it's not a true worry. I'm so thankful for Tresiba. No other insulin has ever kept my days long term levels so stable.














No comments:

Post a Comment