Sunday, December 4, 2016

Flying High With Afrezza

Well I recently took a trip and admittedly I was a little concerned. I didn't know how it'd work going through security. I remember the pump days. First, they pull you aside. Then you have to rub the pump in your hands to make sure it's safe, they wand you, etc. UGH what a hassle. I just knew the Afrezza powder would set off bells and whistles.

Boy was I wrong. I told them that I had a medical bag. The woman politely explained they may have to pull the bag aside, but she would let me know. Ok no worries so far. Nope the bag cleared without any issues. My watch gave more issues than my meds since I forgot to take it off.

Once on the plane, I wanted a snack. As the flight attendant was walking by, I explained what I was going to do. It was a full plane and that meant people were watching everything everyone did. My youngest was sitting next to me and was laughing at how paranoid I was. The flight attendant thanked me for letting her know. I pulled it out, inhaled, BAM DONE. No issues. No worries. No problems.

I do not dread flying anymore. Remember my first Afrezza frustration, trying to figure out how to travel with it? Well, I was concerned about flying and keeping it cool. I know many have said no to worry. It'd be fine. Well. I wasn't convinced, so I bought a Frio. Um, N.O.T. impressed! I am a very intelligent, educated woman, therefore, I was able to read the instructions and follow them exactly.

After about an hour, the Frio Case started cooling off. The insulin was not cold; it was barely cool for pity sakes. I had to just believe and trust in the Lord. So, off I went! As soon as I got to the hotel I put it in the refrigerator. It was BARELY cool. I mean BARELY. It worked fabulously. So, I was certainly flying high with Afrezza both literally and figuratively.


No comments:

Post a Comment