Monday, December 12, 2016

Holidays...Candy...Cakes.....Afrezza....oh my

We were out of town in MD for 2 weeks with hubby's job. We've been there several times (another beauty of homeschooling, we pack up and travel!), so we've become "friends" with the general manager. She's the sweetest little lady ever. She made us POTATO CANDY. Ok seriously, have you ever heard of that? Me neither! It's made from mashed potatoes. Bless her heart, she had no clue Mady and I were diabetics. I would never tell her, because her heart's intent was beyond precious to me.

So, I simply couldn't be rude. Would you? NO. She made this candy and I'm serious when I say I would have eaten every last piece if I weren't worried about weight gain LOL. I was slightly concerned about my levels, because eating candy isn't something I do a lot of as we try to eat healthy. I can't tell someone this sweet (no pun intended) no when she spent her weekend cooking for me.

I sank my teeth into 1 bite, and I was hooked like a bass hooked on a tube.

Oh my-lanta, it was fabulous. Some of the best candy I've ever eaten in my entire life. NO JOKE. She hasn't given me the recipe but said she would. I trust her. She eventually will :) We will be going back again eventually. I did find some recipes. Here's one that I could see being hers actually. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220888/peanut-butter-potato-candy. She told me the ingredients and this sounds like it.

I contemplated whether to take 4 or 8 units. I took 8, because this stuff was super sweet. 8 was perfect. Once again Afrezza proved that I can indulge occasionally (or often if you so choose) and not worry about high levels. I started at 88 and ended up two hours later at 132. Not bad at all. I'll take it. I would have never, ever attempted to even SMELL the stuff if I were still wearing a pump. No way. My levels would have been off the charts. I would have been so sick. Not with Afrezza.

I usually don't suggest diabetics trying candy of any kind, but like I said, this stuff is unreal. You can add red or green food coloring at Christmas or make it orange for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment