Tuesday, December 20, 2016

HELP with Afrezza and more...

Ok, serious question, y'all. How long, once you open the cartridge, is the insulin good for? I opened a package of 8 units last week. I RARELY use 8 because I don't eat a lot of carbs (remember my quest). Well, I knew yesterday, while out shopping with the daughter, that she would want unhealthiness for lunch. Yep, I was right LOL So I took 8 units. I really was concerned about taking that much and a little worried to the point I waited and waited before inhaling it.

Finally, the big inhale! I ate 1.5 slices of bread with my lunch. Now, keep in mind I rarely get anything different types of food when I go to a restaurant. I check the websites looking for nutritional information. I am seriously trying to stay on top of this dumb disease. Well, anyway, I take it. I eat. I'm feeling like one big o' fat, happy camper eating all those carbs (of course until about 30 minutes later when I just feel fat!).

As we continued our shopping for the day, I started to feel horrible. I tested my level and it was 280. HELLO. WHAT? 280?? No stinking way! I took 4 units that I had just opened and of course, well, you know the deal, it's Afrezza. So, within minutes it was back down to normal.

So, how long once it's been opened does it last??? I can't imagine me ever needing more than 8 units for a meal. I truly, seriously, contemplated that much. So, help me out, folks.

Now, only to more....Continuing my quest. I found a delicious recipe this morning. It was 1 large sweet potato in it, but that's for the entire casserole. I don't have to take any insulin with it. I know; I know. Many want to know if I love Afrezza so much why do I care about how many carbs I eat. Reality check folks-NO ONE wants to take tons of meds. NO ONE wants to be a diabetic. So, I have to take it. Since I have to take insulin, why not take the best-AFREZZA. Duh. That's a no brainer as they say. Though I don't want any meds (really, I'd like to just use oils) I will use the best. So, thank you MannKind for the best.

Now back to my yummies. I found this recipe. I was up at my usual time this morning (5am, don't you love mornings. I really do.) and made it for the hubby before he had to go to work. Now, some may have to take insulin since there is a sweet potato in it OR just leave that out. It's full of flavor. I also substituted the bacon and sausage and used TURKEY bacon and sausage. Oh such goodness this morning. http://acalculatedwhisk.com/breakfast-casserole. Too bad you can't smell this. OH MY!










No comments:

Post a Comment