Thursday, December 1, 2016

Dr Day Is Finally Here

I was beyond excited to wake up this morning and go to the dr. Who does that? I was like a little school girl heading to school on the first day. Needless to say, Dr Asamoah was THRILLED with the results. He said, "5 weeks. 1 full point. Now that's what I like." To know Dr. A, this means EVERYTHING. He also said I had lost weight. WOWZER. Bonus!

The weight loss was, according to him, was because I am not having highs and lows which means no additional eating. Love this. I go back in March. I can't wait until then either. So, what does one do after a great drs appt? One goes out to eat!

My DD and I went to Cracker Barrel. Eggs and turkey sausage, my daily breakfast. No carbs other than my coffee creamer. We were still out at lunch. Subway-yum! I had a chopped salad. 4U of Afrezza and 2 hours later, Blood Sugar was 93.

Now that I've been on Afrezza for over 5 weeks, Dr A. wants my levels to not go above 140. It was 180 before. He said now I've got better control, so I need to decrease my levels. I agreed. Now the real test happens. Can I do that? He said a non diabetic's levels should be 70-110 and a diabetic's levels should be 90-140 all the time. I'm going to prove this can happen. I'm going to prove a diabetic can consistently keep normal levels. How can I not? I'm using Tresiba and Afrezza.

The new test and journey begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment