Friday, December 2, 2016

Insurance UGH

Who else has a horrible time dealing with insurance? I have GREAT coverage, so I will never complain about that. However, it's so frustrating when I am trying to explain to the woman on the phone that Afrezza is NOT a pill. It is an inhaled insulin.

She didn't know the difference between short and long acting insulins. I really believe customer service reps should be trained, at least a little, in pharmaceuticals. I had an increase in the amount of 4U that I am using. When at the Dr yesterday, I explain that throughout the day I would like a cup of coffee and the amount he prescribed for me didn't allow for that. So, he called me in more.

I spent 10 minutes just trying to make the woman understand the word INHALED. She was giving the wrong amounts for the wrong meds. She was so confused.....and they wonder why our levels increase with stress LOL

On the positive side of life, after going out to lunch today with my youngest, my level was 111. It was a very yummy chicken salad from BDubs. Not my favorite, but it was worth it. WOOHOO. I did take 8U, which I RARELY do. It won't be happening again for a long while either. UGH how on earth do people eat that many carbs a day?

Thankfully we eat a lot of fresh fruits/veggies and lean meats! So, I will certainly recover from my lunch.

Finally calm now...off to check out the Frio insulin carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment