Monday, December 26, 2016

Mashed Potatoes.....ENEMY

OK, so seriously. I don't typically eat mashed potatoes, because well, let's face it, they're horrible on a diabetic. They're not healthy. They make you gain weight, and the list goes on and on. So, apparently not only was I sick this holiday, but somehow someone messed up the menu. What happened? Today, as in most homes, is leftover day. The day moms across the country look forward to. No meal planning, no thawing out food, no thoughts of dinner at 6am while cooking breakfast for hubby, none of it! It's all done and paper plates are being used to boot!

Well, somehow in my world, I wasn't paying attention and ate mashed potatoes. I've been so careful to stay away. DISASTER!!!!!! OK, no joke, how do diabetics eat them??? I don't know how to calculate it properly apparently. 8 units later and it was still high. Oh I will never make that mistake again. I would love to hear from others if they struggle with mashed potatoes like me. I think I'll stick to turnip mash. Healthier and they don't mess with my sugar. OH MY-LANTA!

Afrezza's great, but when potatoes stay in your system for 3-4 hours, Afrezza was struggling to keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment