Thursday, December 22, 2016

New Insurance Frustration.....Drs Staff Too

Things have been going great with me using Afrezza. Ok reality-as I'm typing this, I'm eating a chocolate covered peanut butter ball my niece made for me. I love the holidays because it's an excuse to slack on my crunchy lifestyle. Anyway, since Monday, I've been fighting with Dr Asamoah's office about getting my script corrected with Express Scripts (ES). I've been going to Kroger but it's cheaper through ES. Nurse kept saying she did it right; ES said nope, she's wrong.

Three days of fighting. Drs office was wrong. I'm stunned because Dr Asamoah LOVES Afrezza and usually his staff is on it. Well, then that was taken care of, and ES kept calling asked me about the dosage. I tried to explain to a know-it-all pharmacist who was more concerned about the number of inhalers that were in the boxes than the number of units I take in a day.

After the already long week that I've had, I'd had it! Today, thankful it's all done and taken care of. I do not understand how hard it is. The same thing happened with my test strips. ES said I only tested 3x a day when I test 10-12 a day-no joke! So they had to fix all that mess. When I asked what the Rx said, they told me it said 10-12 but they didn't believe it, so the pharmacist decided to fill it as she felt like. She apologized and corrected her mistake.

People STOP IT RIGHT NOW. Stop the madness with stressing us out. What is so hard about this? The lady I spoke with today was so sweet. She said the drug was so new for them that they didn't understand it. So, I had the true privilege of explaining it all to her. She was very appreciative and thanked me over and over. She's now going to train the others. All it takes is a little willingness, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment