Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Great Food Find

OK, more food, full flavor, low carbs-WHAT??? Is that really real for a diabetic? Why yes!

First let me say, we eat a LOT of organic foods, no juices, loads of chicken, turkey, various types of seafoods, but rarely do we eat red meat. We used to. Don't get me wrong. MAN we loved it. So on our quest to eat a lot healthier, we decided to rarely eat it.

Tonight was our treat. Well, with that comes another food we don't eat-BREAD. UGH, so bad for you, puts weight on, makes a diabetics life miserable....that is until tonight. I found (it has two names) Oopsie Bread aka Cloud Bread. So good. So easy. We didn't make 6 circles; we made just a big one. Hubby was in charge as a matter of fact, he made it! Oh man just writing about bread makes me almost smell it. I LOVE bread...yeast rolls...pumpkin bread....cinnamon bread....ahhhhhhhh

Here's the recipe. OH we left out the salt and splenda (GROSS). http://glutenfreedaddy.com/gluten-free-cloud-bread-recipe So, it doesn't look like a professional made it, but it sure tasted like one did. Way to go hubs!

 

Picture two is the broccoli, apple, blueberry salad I actually made last night...nothing like left overs! So, picture 3 is my plate tonight. Don't laugh that I didn't make round burgers. OH the "potatoes" ARE NOT potatoes. They're the turnip mash ones I talk about all the time. Again, left overs. But now how yummy is that???? So, I took 4units of Afrezza for this meal. It's not 100% carb free, but it sure is close! The oopsie bread only has 2 carbs for all of it. The whole thing. W.H.A.T.???? That's plum crazy! I'm going to use some ideas further down on the recipe too. My youngest loves french toast and now that she's been diagnosed as a T2, she can't have it. Well, I just saw where the recipe showed it. She's going to be thrilled.

I'm always on the hunt for great food finds. I want healthy, no to low carb foods that taste great. My plate tonight was filled with flavor. I'm doing the happy dance.










No comments:

Post a Comment