Thursday, December 15, 2016

Afrezza-Blessing....Curse....It's a toss up tonight

OK so you know when you're reading the carbs on a food and it says something ridiculous like 1 serving is 3 chips or something crazy like that? Well, tonight hubby took me to this quaint little Amish shop. There was a diner inside right in the middle and then stores or rather "shops" lining the walls.

Well, if you know anything about the Amish, you know eating healthy isn't what they're known for. I love Amish food, but I can't eat it often otherwise I'd be as big as the broad side of a barn. I had to splurge tonight. I think I bought something at every shop.

Another Afrezza test tonight......I looked online to see the amount of carbs in chocolate eclairs. Well it was clear diabetics shouldn't even smell eclairs let alone eat them. That didn't stop this Afrezza user though. No better way to test it. Oh I'm still drooling, yet somewhat sick to my stomach, as I think about all that chocolatey goodness. I love food but I love eating healthy and keeping my body healthy.

I have to indulge periodically though. So, as I decided sniffing the eclairs wouldn't do, I just had to dig in. I decided once again 4u was the way to go. I safely ate 1/4 cup (serving size) with NO ISSUES. Levels afterwards? 105. Yes, that's right...105. WOOHOO...once again Afrezza Rules. How can people really eat just one serving of  yummy deliciousness?

Since I was on a roll to see just how sick I can make myself by eating tons of sweets, I bought a German Chocolate Cake and a Pumpkin Spice one, carrot salad, cannoli, 2 cream filled long John donuts and so much more. Now, have you all ever had Amish fooding? I'm still drooling.

When I sat down to eat, my level was 79. Now all you pump users, tell me something, could you have eaten this and your levels remained perfect the entire time? NO. How do I know? I've been there/done that.

Oh Afrezza you're a blessing and curse. Blessing-you've given me such freedom, you've given me my life back. Curse-I can eat so much more now. I wonder if MannKind will by me bigger clothes, because as much as I can eat now, I'll be HUGE soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment